Set on Long Island’s picturesque North Shore, the North Shore Music Festival arises out of a local need for great classical music, uniting the local worlds of music, ideas, art and natural beauty to enrich the human spirit.
We do this by:
- Enriching the cultural life of the residents and community of Long Island’s four counties, Kings, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk, through innovative and engaging events of the highest artistic quality including: orchestral concerts, chamber music, opera, contemporary music, master classes, lectures, and youth programs.
- Providing opportunities for talented young local performers to participate in professional productions that further their artistic careers.
- Strengthening the regional cultural and artistic community through collaborations with a diverse range of performing arts organizations.
- Strategically developing new audiences for ‘classical music’ through effective and extensive outreach/inreach programs.
- Re-imagining classical music itself and the venues in which it is performed to connect with the modern audience.